The first two recipes are from the Russian traditional medicine. One is to put on the painful place, the other is a decoction:
– The other efficient Russian recipe is prepared with blossoms of the herb tansy (Tanacetum vulgare) – put 1 table spoonful in 1tea cup with boiling water. Leave for two hours and then filter. Drink one spoonful four times a day. It is desirable to drink it at least 20 minutes before meals.
– The next recipe is with cloves (Syzygium aromaticum) oil. You need 100 g of blossoms and 200 ml of olive oil. The cloves should be minced (or crushed) and mixed with the oil.
Boil the mix on water bath for about half an hour. After that filter and put the oil on the painful places.
– Try to get rid of the pain with potatoes as well. You need one or two potatoes. Peel them and grate them. Add honey – about 1 table spoonful Mix the ingredients and put on the painful place. Keep the compress on for about an hour.
– Mix one table spoonful each of coltsfoot leaves (Tussilago farfara) and burdock (Lappa minor) and pour over a cup of hot water. Leave it for 30 minutes, after that filter and cool a little. Dip gauze in the decoction and put it on the painful place, wrap with nylon and put over a warm scarf. After half an hour change the compress. Repeat the procedure three times a day for a week.
– Mix one table spoonful blossoms of melilot (Melilotus officinalis), St John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum), and hop cones. Grind and mix with 50 g of Vaseline. Rub the painful places with the ointment 2-3 times a day for 2-3 weeks.