- Into an enameled pot pour a cup of water and put 5 bay leaves. Boil the water, then remove the pot from fire and let the mix subside for 2-3 hourа. Drop 5 drops of the warm decoction into the painful ear and drink 2-3 table spoonfuls of the decoction. Do this for 2-3 days.
- Put half a cup of water on one table spoonful of minced elecampane (horse-heal) (Inula helenium) roots. Put it on water bath leave to evaporate until only one table spoonful of liquid is left in the pot. Filter and put 2-3 drops in the ears several times a day.
If you have purulent otitis, before applying any home remedies, do see the doctor. Otherwise the drum membrane can burst and you can lose your hearing.
- If you have purulent otitis, a decoction of thistle (Carduus acanthodies). Put a cup of water on 1 table spoonful of the herbата and boil on low heat for 5 minutes. After that leave the mix for 30 minutes and filter. Drink half a cup 3 times a day.
- If you have otitis, you can use mint as an anesthetic as it has anti-inflammatory and a mild stimulating effect. The fresh mint juice is the best. Gather fresh mint leaves and squeeze a few drops of juice. Drop 2 drops in each ear, and then put small swabs in them. Mint infusion is useful, too. Put 2 table spoonfuls of leaves in 200 ml of vodka and leave them for a week. After that filter the mix and drop 3-4 drops in the painful ear every three hours.
- cut a hole in an onion and pour 1 tea spoonful of cumin. Close the hole with an onion husk. The onion is baked in the oven and the juice out of it is squeezes when it is still hot. Drop a few drops in your ear if you have otitis or your hearing has become worse due to otitis. Plug the ear with a cotton-tipped swab. Repeat the procedure 2 times a day.