This is an amazing recipe for a homemade all-purpose healing salve that can be used to treat anything from bruises and sores to burns and insect bites. It can also help treat different kinds of eczema, sunburn, skin irritations, rashes, diaper rash, fungal infections and psoriasis. It sounds incredible but if you are a responsible parent you probably already know that nature always has a universal and simple solution for all ailments – all we have to do is find it.
Each ingredient in this salve has a beneficial effect on the skin on its own but when combined their effect grows stronger.
All-purpose Healing Salve
- 2 tea cups of cold-pressed olive oil;
- ¾ tea cup of dried marigold (Calendula officinalis) flowers;
- ½ tea cup of melted beeswax;
- 3 tablespoons of coconut butter;
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter;
- 5 drops of tea tree oil;
- 5 drops of lavender oil.
How to prepare it?
- Mix the olive oil, coconut butter and the dried herbs together in a pot. Let them simmer in a double boiler on a low heat for 3-4 hours (make sure the water doesn`t steam away).
- Carefully strain the herbs out of the oil, make sure there are no herb particles left in the oil.
- Melt the shea butter and the beeswax in a double boiler. Mix them with the olive oil and the coconut oil immediately after they have melted. Stir everything energetically until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the lavender oil and the tea tree oil.
- Pour the mixture into small glass jars with lids. Seal the jars tightly only after the mixture has hardened.
This salve does not contain any preservatives or artificial fragrances but its ingredients do contain natural preservatives that will keep it from going bad for 1-2 years.